Monday, July 27, 2009

'Wings' by Aprilynee Pike


Laurel was mesmerised, staring at the pale things with wide eyes.
They were terrifyingly beautiful - too beautiful for words.
Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head.
They looked almost like wings.

This is the first story that I have read about faeries....

Loved it, loved it, loved it!

For a debut novel the author has done an amazing job and she leaves you wanting more.
It's a magical tale of romance and danger and friendship.

Laurel is a young 15 year old who has moved to a new school after being home schooled for all her life. She is struggling with all the new surroundings within the school environment.

David notices her straight away and befriends her and knows there is something different about Laurel. Together they discover what it is and how to deal with it.

Beautifully written novel that you will finish in a day because you'll find you can't put it down until your done. It looks like it will be a series as the author has definitely left it open to continue.
Faerie books are the new vampire novels, will read more.

I rate this book 4 stars.

3 comments:

Kath said...

I loved this book as well. It had a great story, fun love triangle and I can't wait for the next one.

Another cool faerie book you might like is Blackbringer by Laini Taylor, it is also very good!

Jeanette said...

A friend loaned me this book but I still have not read it. I am going to try to read it this week so I can get it back to her by the time our book group meets on Thursday. It honestly does not seem like a book I would like (not really into urban fantasy) but so many of my friends are loving it that I thought I'd give it a try.

Irish said...

I am excited to read this one ... especially since she is LDS ........

Related Posts with Thumbnails