Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (31/2)


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


What is it with all the gorgeous covers at the moment ..... It is not doing my already loaded bookcase any good .... or I hasten to add my bank balance .. lol ...

I really really wanted to love this book but I found it abit slow and in parts which is a real shame ... Sometimes I just wanted to hit the character of Nora over the head for being so silly .... This is definitely an older teen read as I found some parts of the book abit dark for a younger reader ... But in saying that I did read the novel in a day and the story line is good ...

It is about a girl called Nora and a mysterious handsome Stranger called Patch who basically turns her world upside down ....... There is a good tension between the two characters that does work ... like I said I would love to give this book 5 stars but I did feel abit pulled at times that the main hero of the story is quite a dark character and one that I really don't want my daughter to meet .... I know the author was trying to do a bad boy/ loveable character but I felt it tipped to much to the bad Boy end ...

It will be interesting to see what the other girls review of the book is like ... As reviews for this book are mixed ... you either love it or hate it ... Will I go out and buy the second book in the series when it comes out .... Probably but not in a huge rush ...

Interesting idea of a story but torn because it was abit dark for me !!!

I rate this book 31/2 stars

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails