Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society By Mary-Ann Shaffer (5)



Ok ... Firstly the main reason I picked this book up was because the cover caught my eye .... I am a sucker when it comes to covers .... If it is pretty and appealing I will pick it up

The second reason I picked the book up was because the title really enthralled me to find out more ...

I just loved ... Loved ... Loved this book ....

It is set just after WW2 and the whole book is set out in the form of letters ...

It tells about the occupation of the Germans in Guernsey during a 5 year period . When a group of residents of the Island ( who generally do not mix together ) find themselves by chance forming a Book Club ...

I have to say that in a few places I did Laugh out Out the main Character is female and she is fiery that you cannot help but fall in love with her ...

You will cry as some of the stories they relate of the war are heartbreaking but are told beautifully ....

This is a gorgeous book and one that I will read and re-read again .....

I rate this book *****

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails