Saturday, September 8, 2012

Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London (5)




Only sunlight can save us.

We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.

After the death of my parents, it's up to me--as the newest delegate for humanity--to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.

Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever.


 Reason I purchased book: Really don't need to ask just look at the cover .... And it is abit Vampires so completely sold :)

Openin Line: As the carriage rolled across the desolate plains, the assassin slid his gaze over to his traveling companions.

Pages in book:  342 pages

I just luved luved luved this book ... My only regret is that I never purchased this book in Hardback .... And that it ended tooo soon ... It is great when u get engrossed into a novel and u really don't want it to end ... 

There is a downside to this novel and that is that it is a Trilogy ........ I know, I know another one ..... But the characters are brilliant and the story is great with abit of a twist to your usual vampire novel ... It is a mother and son team that wrote it and I have to say that I impressed and v v curious to read their other works ... 

Well lets get back to the novel ... The world knows about the existence of Vampires and there was a terrible war that was raged where both human and vampire suffered ... An agreement was stuck where a human delegate would bargain with the Vampire Lord each week on the blood supply ... The latest delegate is Dawn (whose parents where killed for being delegates) who has gotten thrown into this role to negotiate for the humans in the city.  

Even though the book is set in modern times there is still the old world element as Lord Valentine is set in his ways and likes to conduct business like in the 1800's includin dress code much to Dawn's dislike ... Enter Lord Valentines son and u just know there is goin to be trouble ... He is not your typical Vampire (bloodsuckin and ruthless) but the opposite charmin and willin to risk his life for humans ... 

Dawn has entered a new world where she has to try very carefully to keep the balance between the Vampires and the Humans ... Because if she fails than the human race will be thrown into another war ... 

Have I said how much I really enjoyed this book :) ........ It would make a great movie and the only downside is that you have to wait for the rest of the series to be released ....... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

 So if you want a good book to read go out and pick this one up you will not be disappointed ...

I rate this book 5 stars


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails