Monday, September 29, 2008

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Turlane by Kate DiCamillo (5)



I am always on the look out for new childrens books and this one is lovely ... When I was in the bookstore one of the woman there recommended it me and told me that "you will end up loving and caring for this rabbit so much"

Heres an overview of the book:

"Once, in a house on Egypt Street, there lived a china rabbit named Edward Tulane. The rabbit was very pleased with himself, and for good reason: he was owned by a girl named Abilene, who treated him with the utmost care and adored him completely.

And then, one day, he was lost.

Kate DiCamillo and Bagram Ibatoulline take us on an extraordinary journey, from the depths of the ocean to the net of a fisherman, from the top of a garbage heap to the fireside of a hoboes' camp, from the bedside of an ailing child to the streets of Memphis. And along the way, we are shown a true miracle — that even a heart of the most breakable kind can learn to love, to lose, and to love again."

I read this book to both my children and they loved it plus it as the added bonus of a lovely message ... And I have to admit on both occassions I did cry ... So the lady in the bookstore was correct ... I cared and loved Edward quite abit ....

I rate this book 5*****


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails