Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan (5)


In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets and the Guardians and their power and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future - between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

This is the first book of the RIP challenge that I am doing ...... And I loved it :) ........ It was an easy read and I couldn't put it down .......... Dishes and Kids where left to my poor husband to sort out while I was totally engrossed in the book ........ Like a another reviewer said "putting the book down is not an option."

It is a young adult read and yes it does have Zombies in it ......... I heard that they have decided to make this into a movie which will be brill ...... Reading it did remind me abit of 'The Village' but a totally different concept ..... I will definitely be going out and buying more books by Carrie ...

Ok getting back to the book .... It is about a girl called Mary who lives in a village surrounded by the Unconsecrated ........ She dreams for escaping and hopes that there are other people like her beyond the Forest of Hands & Teeth .... Her whole world changes when her Mother is turned ...... And her only option is to stay with the Sisterhood who claim they are the ones who protect the village ....

If you love fantasy books and of course Zombie books you are going to eat this up ( excuse the pun )

I rate this book 5*****

Here is short trailer put together for the book ...



I am excited as the companion/sequel to The Forest of Hands & Teeth is coming out in the Spring 1010 in USA ......

4 comments:

Vanessa Contessa said...

Thanks for your review... I CAN NOT wait to read this book, it's been on my to read list for a while now, but I can't stand it any longer.

Also, the next book of The Hunger Games comes out in the states today! I'm going down to the bookstore as soon as it's open! I'll let you know.

Vanessa Contessa said...

Also, I wanted to ask you.. are you on Goodreads yet? www.goodreads.com

I love it, check it out.

Irish said...

I am so jealous !!! ....... We will not get it here for at least a couple of months ..... :( ...... I am on Goodreads but haven't updated my profile in ages !! ..... Good to see ya on line again ..... I missed talking to ya :)

Heidi said...

It's interesting to see peoples different points of view.I read this back in June and only gave it 3 stars, because I'm not really into zombies.I am looking forward to the next installment because I didn't think that it was finished with the first book. A movie would be interesting though...could be a bit gory... happy reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails