Friday, September 4, 2009

"Magic Study" by Maria V. Snyder [5]


So far, I've managed to survive. You would think after being kidnapped as a child, imprisoned in my teens and released to become a poison taster, I would have endured enough. But no. the discovery of my magical abilities - powers forbidden in Ixia - has resulted in an execution order. My only chance is to flee to Sitia, my long-lost birthplace.

But Sitia is unfamiliar. I'm treated like an enemy - even by my own brother. Plus I can't control my powers. I want to learn about my magic, but there isn't time. A rogue magician has emerged and I'm targeted as his next victim.

Will my magical abilities save me...or be my downfall?

Usually the second novel isn't as good as the first... well this is just as good!

After surviving all the intrigue from the first novel, Yelena now has to leave the territory of Ixia and her beloved Valek as she has an execution order on her, because she has magical abilities. Finally, Yelena will find out about her family and where she comes from...
Irys is the Fourth Magician from Sitia and she will introduce Yelena to her family and to the world of magic.

All does not go well though... soon Yelena is involved in more murder and mystery and it will be up to her to solve the problem... and to come to grips with her own magical abilities.

A truly wonderful series that you can't put down until your finished. Can't rave enough about it...
You have to read it...

Next book: "Fire Study"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails