Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater [5]


The Cold.
Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house.
One yellow-eyed wolf - her wolf -
watches back. He feels deeply familiar
to her, but she doesn't know why.

The Heat.
Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he
keeps the silent company of the girl he
loves. And then, for a short time each year,
he is human, never daring to
talk to Grace...until now.

The Shiver.
For Grace and Sam, love has always
been kept at a distance. But once it's spoken,
it cannot be denied. Sam
must fight to stay human - and Grace
must fight to keep him - even if it
means taking on the scars of the past,
the fragility of the present, and the
impossibility of the future.

Second book read in the name challenge.

Absolutely brilliant....wow, wow, wow!

I so enjoyed reading this book, that it was read in a day...

Could not put it down...

The author is just fantastic and becoming a firm favourite of mine.

Her writing style is so easy to read, it just flows...
A beautiful love story that you think will just not work and defies logic.

I don't want to say too much about the story as it will give it away, so here is just a little snippet...

'And then I opened my
eyes and it was just Grace and
me - nothing anywhere but
Grace and me - she pressing
her lips together as though she
were keeping my kiss inside
her, and me holding this
moment that was as fragile
as a bird in my hands.'

What I will say is that it is written from Grace's view and
Sam's view, which is really good.

It is definitely a must read...especially teenage girls,they will fall in love with it.

If I could give it more than five stars I would.

Have to Read!

2 comments:

Vanessa Contessa said...

Thanks for the terrific review! Can't wait to go grab it!

Irish said...

Will have to go out and get this one I think now :) ....... My bank balance is going down fast with my wish list getting bigger :) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails