Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"The Seduction of Sarah" by Helen M.Ide [3]


Sarah is a young southern girl who is striving
to be an adult.
She finds herself lost during the war and
seeks refuge with her Uncle. Her mother
tries to keep her safe, but Sarah has her own plan.
She meets Robert, a young brash Colonel from the North.
He takes her on a journey that she will never forget.
They have a love hate relationship that will capture your heart,
make you angry at times, and will surely
leave you wanting more.

I saw this novel while reading a 'Good Read' and thought it sounded really interesting and it's been a while since I've read any romance novels set in the American Civil war...of course the cover was lovely too....

Well what's the old saying...'you can't judge a book by it's cover'...oh boy this is a shocker!
I have only given this book 3 stars because the basic story was interesting, but everything else about it was terrible.

It was a chore trying to get through it because it just doesn't flow well. The story is told by two people which is fine but the author hasn't put in paragraphs too show the difference, so it just all flows into one and half the time doesn't make sense.

The story seems to skip and you feel like you've missed out parts that you should of read about.
In general I think it has been poorly written, I really struggle with it.

I hate writing a bad review but I wouldn't recommend this novel to anyone. Such a shame because it has potential.

I rate this novel just 3 stars.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails