Friday, November 7, 2008

1001 Books - You must read before you die


Following on from the success of the hardcover edition and in the style of the phenomenally successful 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die, this is a bold, bright and incisive guide to the books and writers that have had real impact; whether in the form of critical acclaim or as cult favourites. This wide-ranging selection by a superb international team of writers and critics features classics as well as more contemporary works. This must-have book is the perfect reference for everyone who loves to read.

I have accepted the challenge and will pick 10 books to read out of the 1001 books to read before you die and have them read before February 2009 .... You can join in or just follow the link below:

http://1morechapter.com/1percent/

This is my list:

Nineteen Eighty-four by George Orwell

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Life of Pi by Jann Martel

Atonement by Ian McEwan

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

Captain Corellis's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres

Possession by A. S. Byatt

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien

2 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I think I have read about 10 books on that list, and only heard of those 10!:) You are brave! It sounds like a great challenge to start!

Irish said...

I know I must be mad !!! But a few of these books have been sitting on my bookshelf for years and I haven't got around to reading them ... So I am pushing myself ... This challenge started in May this year and goes until Feb so gives me really two months to read :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails