Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dr. Seuss, Book of Bedtime Stories (5)


This paperback edition of the popular hardback combines three of Dr. Seuss's most endearing tales - "The Sleep Book", "Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose" and "Horton Hears a Who!" Written in humorous rhyme and illustrated with characteristically bold and colourful artwork by the master himself, this beautiful treasury is guaranteed to delight young children and bring sweet dreams! Dr. Seuss's "Sleep Book" is full of wonderful yawning creatures who spread sleep thoughts at bedtime - and much more fun than counting sheep - this charming story provides the perfect remedy for children who don't want to go to bed. "Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose Thidwick" is only too happy that his antlers "can be of some use" to a menagerie of animals who move in and make them their home. But soon his guests go too far and start to endanger the very life of their generous host. "Horton Hears a Who!": this enchanting tale tells the story of Horton the Elephant who comes to the rescue of the tiny inhabitants of a speck of dust - after all, "a person's a person, no matter how small".

Well I was totally brought up with Dr. Seuss as a child ... And as I have grown older with kids of my own I still love the stories ... They are the best and this book has three stories in one ....

The Sleep Book - Which I have lost count how many times I have read this ... When my daughter was little it was the only book that I read that actually put her to sleep and had me yawning as well !!!! A great book and children just love the characters and the pictures if they can stay awake that long to look at them ... ha

Thidwick the big-hearted moose - This story is one of my daughters favourites and she doesn't get tired of me reading it to her ... She thinks it is so funny ...

Horton Hears a Who - This is one of my sons favourite stories and was so excited that it got made into a movie .... It also teaches children the value of one and that everyone is important ...

I love the Dr Seuss range and it also helps with children's language skills as it is in a rhyming form ... Plus the extra bonus of being loads of fun ... Stories that I have read a thousand times but still never get tired of ....

I rate this Book 5 *****

Here is the trailer for Horton Hears a Who .... A funny movie if you haven't seen it ...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails