Wednesday, November 19, 2008

999




The 999 challenge for next year !!!! Read 9 books in 9 catagories during 2009 ....

You can do it yourself just follow the link:

My List of Catagories are


1) Historical
2) Children's Books/YA
3) Favourite Author's Books that I haven't read before
4) Authors that are new to me
5) LDS Church Books
6) Sitting way to long on my shelf
7) Classics
8) Award Winners
9) Books I found on the internet and in the Bookstore



Historical
1)The Virgin's Lover by Phillippa Gregory
2)The Constant Princess by Phillippa Gregory
3)The Boleyn Inhertance by Phillippa Gregory
4)The Spanish Bride by Georgette Heyer
5)Royal Escape by Georgette Heyer
6) The Independence of Miss Mary Bennett by Colleen McCullough
7)The Glass of Time by Micheal Cox
9)


Children's Books / YA
1)Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
2)The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Selznick
3)Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
Favourite Author's Books that I haven't Read Before
1)The Witch of Portabello by Paulo Coelho
2)Brida by Paulo Coelho


Authors that are new to me
1)Will you be there? by Guilaume
2)Head over heels by Chris Harrison
4)The Rose of Sebastopol by Katherine MacMahon
5)Tethered by Amy MacKinnon
9)


LDS Church Books
1) Fishers of Men - Lund
2) Behold the Man - Lund
3) Faith the Essence of true Religion by Gordon B Hinckley
6)
7)
8)
9)


Sitting on my Shelf for way too long
1) Double life of Doctor Lopez by Dominic Green
2) Year of Wonder by Geraldine Brooks
3) Lucky Man by Micheal J Fox
4) Sunday at Tiffany's by James Patterson
5) The Conjurors Bird by Martin Davies
8)
9)


Classics
3) To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
6) Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott
7) The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
8)
9)



Award Winners
1) The Kite Runner by Khailed Hosseini
2) Dragon Keeper by Carole Wilkinson
3) The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
7)
8)
9)


Books I found on the Internet or in the Bookstore

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

81 books in twelve months.....???

That's -- what -- six and three-quarters books a month!! I'm lucky to get one book read in two months!

Does Dr. Seuss count as historical? He's been around a while....?

Well, good luck with this. Motherboard is telling everyone to simplify our lives, so I may have to stick to one book in each category, but I'll give it a try!

Irish said...

I am up for a challenge and all the books I have listed I have on my bookshelf so it will get me motivated !!! I am looking forward to reading the LDS section and adding new books in ....

I love Dr Seuss He may sneak on to my list somewhere :)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Ooohhh! The Kingdom and the Crown (Fisher's of men)series are awesome! I loved them! I need to read them again.... Faith of our Father's is a great series as well! They are by N. C. Allen and are about a few different families during the Civil War. (LDS fiction)

Related Posts with Thumbnails