Monday, August 10, 2009

'Beastly' by Alex Flinn [4 1/2]


A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright - a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever - ruined -unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.

A delicious love story that is the modern version of 'Beauty and the Beast'. 15/16 year old girls will just eat this up...I did and I'm double their age. What I truly loved about this book was the way the author took the story we all know but told it from the perspective of the beast.

It's an engrossing tale about how two abandoned teens find each other and that's where the romance begins.

The beast learns that beauty isn't only skin deep... a valuable lesson that is still needed in today's society.

A wonderfully easy read that you will fly through within a day.

Would recommend it to all 15/16 year old girls and boys as there are some wonderful lessons to be learned.

Can't wait to read her next novel, 'A kiss in Time'.

Enjoy....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails