Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (5)


Ah, Christmas! Gemma Doyle is looking forward to a holiday from Spence Academy, spending time with her friends in the city, attending ritzy balls, and on a somber note, tending to her ailing father. As she prepares to ring in the New Year, 1896, a handsome young man, Lord Denby, has set his sights on Gemma, or so it seems. Yet amidst the distractions of London, Gemma’s visions intensify–visions of three girls dressed in white, to whom something horrific has happened, something only the realms can explain. . . .

The lure is strong, and before long, Gemma, Felicity, and Ann are turning flowers into butterflies in the enchanted world of the realms that Gemma alone can bring them to. To the girls’ great joy, their beloved Pippa is there as well, eager to complete their circle of friendship.

But all is not well in the realms–or out. The mysterious Kartik has reappeared, telling Gemma she must find the Temple and bind the magic, else great disaster will befall her. Gemma’s willing to do his intrusive bidding, despite the dangers it brings, for it means she will meet up with her mother’s greatest friend–and now her foe, Circe. Until Circe is destroyed, Gemma cannot live out her destiny. But finding Circe proves a most perilous task.

Well is it possible that you will love the 2nd installment of this series more than the first .... Heck Yes in this case !!! ........ It is a great wee series !! .......

With the loss of their beloved friend Pippa the 'Order' are searching for answers ... Order has to be restored to the realms and new friendships are made ... Who can Gemma trust?

Is Kartik actually a friend or a foe? ......... And will Gemma open her heart to let a dashing young man sweep her off her feet? .......

This book is bigger than the first one but I devoured it in a day .... I couldn't stop myself from reading !!! ..... It does remind me alittle bit of Harry Potter in a few area's ...... But the good thing about it is we have a female heroine which is great !!!

Cannot wait to read the next one ...... I love Libba's style of writing and find myself LOL at some of her comments .... I am lovin the covers and lovin the story inside :) ....... I am one happy reader at the moment :) .......

I rate this book 5 *****

2 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I've read the first in this series, but haven't read the 2nd yet. I'll have to read it now! It sounds great!

Irish said...

lol .... I know !!! I am half way through book 3 at the moment !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails