Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Earth to Hell by Kylie Chan (4)


It is eight years since Xuan Wu, God of the Northern Heavens, living in Hong Kong as wealthy businessman John Chen, was exiled from the mortal realm. Emma and John's daughter, Simone, are facing a new series of threats. Leo, their best fighter, is sitting in Hell, but when they journey below to persuade him home, nothing is as it appears.

On Earth, Simon Wong, the Demon King's son, is no longer around to trouble them, but his associates have taken over Simon's underworld activities. The otherworldly stones are being targeted and are in danger of their kind being completely destroyed.

It seems that the Demon King is the only one Emma can turn to for help...

Well I was eagerly awaiting this novel and I wasn't disappointed at all ... This was supposed to be the fourth and final book in the series 'Dark Heavens Series' but pleased to announce that Kylie couldn't wrap it up in one book so has started this series of 'Journey to Wudang' to continue the story .... Whoo Hoo .... As always the novel is long .... 5 pages shy of 600 pages and in small print as well .... But I loved it ...

The story picks up after 8 years have passed since Xuan Wu has left and Emma is left reluctantly in charge ... With Leo missing and the demons trying their hardest to make their presence known on earth Emma has her work cut out for her ... Who can Emma trust? ... And how long before Xuan Wu will come back? ... I love the character of Emma she is one kick a** Heroine which is great ... and it has been lovely to watch her develop during the series ..

I think because I did Karate that I just really like these novels ... I love the detail with the fight scenes and it is great that Kylie has put a glossary at the back of the book which explains all the Chinese words and meanings ... And it does make me want to read more of Chinese History ... But be warned there is bad language and some sexual comments throughout this book ...

I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book which fortunately for me will only be a month ... Hurray !! ....... And it is great to support an Australian Author .....

I rate this book 4 ****

Books in the series in order
Dark Heavens
1) White Tiger
2) Bad Phoenix
3) Blue Dragon

Journey to Wudang
1) Earth to Hell
2) Hell to Heaven ( Released 1st August 2010)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails