Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater [4]



Their eyes, human eyes in wolf skulls,
remind me of water: the clear blue of
water reflecting the spring sky, the brown
of a brook churning with rainfall, the
green of the lake in summer as the algae
begins to bloom, the grey of a snow-choked
river. It used to be only Sam's yellow eyes
that watched me from between the rain-
soaked birches, but now, I feel the weight
of the entire pack's gaze. The weight of
things known, things unsaid.

We last left Sam and Grace facing a possible future together .... Sam has a cure for the werewolf disease and now has too reckon with his werewolf past and Grace is still facing the fear that perhaps it won't last and to make the most of now.
Into the picture comes a new wolf named Cole and he has hurts and issues to deal with in his life, but he wants to become a wolf permanently, to forget any ties he might have had to his human life.
Isabel is still feeling guilty over her brother's death and is struggling to cope with her family life as well as keep the secret of the werewolves. As all their worlds fall apart, love is what lingers. But will it be enough?

I have been absolutely dying to read this next installment to the Wolves of Mercy Falls series...
For those of you that have read my previous review for "Shiver" you might have noticed that my rating was a lot higher ... While I did enjoy reading 'Linger' I just found that this novel had twinges of "Twilight" to it ... what do I mean, well I just started to feel like Grace was becoming moody and winy like Bella from Twilight ... but when I finished the book it all made sense so try and bare with it if you hated that from Twilight. I still love the way that the author has written each chapter or paragraph from who's ever perspective it is coming from. The introduction of a new wolf has some mystery surrounding it and he will probably play a big part in the finally novel "Forever". To me this one wasn't quite as good as the first, but I do look forward to seeing how this series will be finished off. July of 2011 is the release date of "Forever".

I rate this book 4 stars.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails