Monday, October 12, 2009

The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries) by L J Smith (4)


In book one of the first Vampire Diaries omnibus, The Awakening, Elena is a high school golden girl, the one boys want and girls want to be. And Elena is used to getting what she wants. When she meets handsome, haunted Stefan, he struggles to resist her because of his dark secret. Stefan is torn by guilt over his past, and mindful of the threat that his vengeful brother, Damon, poses to anyone Stefan gets close to. Soon Elena finds herself torn between two brothers—and in terrible danger.

This is another series that you have bound to have heard of because of the new series that just started based on the books. The Vampire Diaries Books have been out a while well before Twilight so it was interesting to see if there was any similarities with the two of them .....

The characters in the series are a little bit different than the book but I suppose it had to be fluffed out abit of TV ....... But don't get me wrong I am lovin the Tv series at the moment ...

Anyway back to the book ...... Elena is blond, feisty, and the queen bee of the school ... Everyone adorns her or wants to be her ...... Her parents died 3 years prior and her and her baby sister are now living with her Aunt .... Things start to change when a new mysterious boy starts to turn heads ...... But for some reason he is avoiding Elena ...... She is going to have to use all her womanly charms on in order to catch him ...

But then strange things start to happen around town ..... And the eerie feeling that someone is watching her ........ Enter handsome but bad Damon ...

I took me abit to get the character of Elena in my head because she is different than the character in the TV series ....... But she is one Strong lady :) ........

I really enjoyed the book and it flowed really well ... Interested on how the relationship between the two brothers develop as the books go on ....

So if you love your fantasy and Vampire Books this is a must series for you to own and read ....

I rate this book 4 ****

Books in the series in order:
The Awakening
The Struggle
The Fury
Dark Reunion
Nightfall

And just to wet your appetite here's a pic of the cast of 'The Vampire Diaries' check it out if you haven't already ....


2 comments:

Kath said...

The books are fun (I'm just starting the third one). I LOVE the TV show, I think they did an amazing job on casting, especially Damon...I think they got him perfectly. They did change a few things from the book, but I still think both are fun!

Irish said...

I have to say I agree with ya !!! Love Damon in the books and in the series they have him down to a Tee !!! ......... Looking forward to reading more from the series !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails