Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman [4]


Nobody Owens, known to his friends as Bod, is a normal boy.

He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a graveyard, being raised by ghosts.

There are dangers and adventures for Bod in the graveyard. But it is in the land of the living, that real danger lurks for it is there that the man Jack lives and he has already killed Bod's family.

"A truly captivating read."

I absolutely loved the movie "Stardust" and when Irish told me that it was the same author I had to read this book, for the read your name challenge.

What a wonderful sense of humour the author has...

All kids from the age of 10 and up would really enjoy reading this novel...
especially the boys!

Who would think that a child could be raised in a graveyard by ghosts and come out normal...
or does he?

Lots of adventure, secrets to uncover, and friendships to make.

Well worth reading.

I rate this book 4 stars.

[Hope he writes one to continue the story.]

Hey I've finished my first challenge...

2 comments:

Kath said...

I enjoyed this one as well, so original. I hope he writes another book about Nobody.

Irish said...

Told you, you would enjoy it :) ..... One of my favourite reads of the year !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails