Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (5)


Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

I purchased this book because: I wanted to read about Werewolves instead of Vamps

Opening Lines: Bronwyn Alessia St. Vincent Clare! .. Four names, five words, one pissed-off werewolf. The math this particular equation never came out in my favor.

OH MY GOODNESS .... If twilight was for Vampires .... Then Raised by Wolves is for Werewolves ....

I could not put this book down ..... I Loved every minute of it and now have to wait until next year to read the second part :( .... Darn ......

You will find you will get pulled into Bryn world ..... You will feel the power struggle between Bryn being human and being raised in a very Alpha Male Society ... Loved the character of Callum the Alpha Leader of the Pack and his relationship with Bryn
( And wouldn't mind a spin-off book about him .... Hint Hint to Jennifer !!! )
... I loved the character of Ali who is one feisty lady and not willing to give up her belief's even if it means risking everything to do it .....

I loved the Chemistry between Chase and Bryn ... When you are reading it you can feel the connection and the energy that the two of them have .... Can Bryn who is forever pushing the boundaries play by the rules of the pack .... Or will she push to far and have to suffer the consequences ....

I loved everything about this book ... It is written really well and if you are anything like me you will not be able to put this book down ... I loved all the characters and felt a connection to each of them ... It has been a wee while that I have come across a new series that all I wanted to do was read and block the whole outside out ....

Some of my favourite quotes ... And there where alot!!!! .... 'Come out, Come out, wherever you are, little one. No sense hiding from the Big Bad Wolf. I'll always find you in the end ... ' pg 5

'If werewolves had been into using 'property of' stickers, I would have been mummified in them' pg 8'She was a typical Ark Valley girl, A little too quiet, a little too sweet, with metaphorical claws lurking just under the surface.' pg 32'Darn tootin', 'If you poke enough angry bears with sticks, someday you're going to get burned, sweetheart.' pg 38

'As I began cutting through the restraints, the sound of inhuman screams echoing in my mind, I tried not to think about the fact that my vow to abstain from stupidity had lasted for all of forty-five seconds.' pg 54

'There are bad people in the world: murderers and psychopaths and telemarketers who won't take no for an answer.' pg 65

'Just you wait, I told her silently. It's all fun and games until they ground you until you're thirty.' pg 67

'I was fast, I was light, and I wasn't afraid of playing dirty.' Pg 116

'They say not to bring a knife to a gunfight.' pg 120

'He wasn't Attila the freaking Werewolf Hun.' pg 125

'Straw met camel's back. Breaking commenced.' pg 131

'I needed a plan. I needed to be strong. So I just kept running, because come hell or high water, a girl couldn't afford to be weak or human at a time like this.' pg 225

'Either way we were outclassed, outnumbered, overwhelmed, and screwed. In that order.' pg 346

Well Werewolves seem to be the new red this summer witBoldh so many new werewolves books emerging onto the market .... But I have to say that this book is my Fav so far and the rest of them books out there have alot to live up to ....

Do yourself a favour and rush out and buy this book .... But make sure you have at least 3 to 4 hours of not being disturbed because you are going to need it ....

I rate this book 5 *****



Books in Order of Series
Raised by Wolves
#1 Raised by Wolves
#2 Trial By Fire (Released summer 2011)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails