Monday, October 13, 2008

Days Like These by Rebecca Tyrrel (5)


The "Days Like These' column has appeared in the Sunday Telegraph Magazine since February 1998 in the UK and is now familiar to legions of fans. This new volume offers a wonderful portrait of the fictionalized life of an ordinary West London Household.

There are so many familiar characters and themes in this book - husband Matthew's medical neuroses; Tim, the ever-patient car dealer, George Sanders, Rebecca's imaginary shrink, who lives in the garden shed; son Louis's obsession's with trains; the elderly Hilda and her mysterious food packages; the unique gym treadmill-cum-clothes horse; and of course the infamous hunt for bread sauce ...


Well I picked this book up at a car boot sale a few years ago along with a few other chick lite books and it was the best couple of pounds that I could have spend ... Love, Love, Love this book ...

It is a collections of short (some only a a few pages long) of stories of a family life through Rebecca eyes ... So, So, So funny ... Because they are all short stories you can easily put the book down and pick it up again with no worries ... That is if you are not hooked like I was ...

I had loads of laugh out loud moments because I could so relate to alot of the stories ... To the much annoy-ist of my husband who I think I must have read him about 90% of the book aloud just to share it with him ... This is a great feel good book and will have you totally entertained from the moment you pick it up ... You know what they say Laughter is good for the soul ......... And this book certainly was ....


I rate this book 5*****

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails