Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Lieutenant's Lover - By Harry Bingham (5)


Isn't this a beautiful cover - Ok when it comes to book Covers I am abit of a Magpie - Anything pretty and interesting it has me hooked :) ...

This is a really beautiful book that I really loved to read and had me hooked from the beginning ... It is described as "An epic tale of love, war, separation and hope" and I totally agree ... It is a lovely book to read

The sort of big sweeping saga you can really lose yourself in. I recommend it to both genders. Harry Bingham is a good, old-fashioned storyteller with a beginning, a middle and an end, where you are drawn in and keep stealing time to return to. I loved it. Spanning thirty years from the Russian Revolution to the fall of the Berlin Wall, rich in incident and drama, it is a truly glorious read.

Starting off in Russia it tells of Misha a young aristocratic officer in the army and Tonya a nurse from a poor background and how they fall in love against all odds. Misha is forced to flee Russia and the story picks up 30 years later in Germany at the end of the war ... When Misha thinks he sees Toyna in a fleeting moment and the rest of the story is them both trying to find each other ... There is a one sex scence in the book but it is very tastefully done.

You will find your heart pleading with them to find each other .... This is a gorgeous book that I will re-read again ... A Lovely love story against all odds ...


I rate this book 5*****

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

This sounds really interesting. I will add this to my list of books to read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails