Friday, October 17, 2008

It's a Kind of Magic by Carole Matthews (1)

Emma and Leo are complete opposites. Leo is unreliable, a bit childish and doesn't take life, love or his job too seriously, yet his girlfriend Emma is strict, reliable, tidy and enjoys her life being in order. This is why, when Leo turns up at Emma's 30th birthday drunk and incredibly late, she decides the pair are splitting up. But on his way home, a newly single Leo bumps into a lady on Tower Bridge named Isobel. Strange things then start happening to Leo and Emma, but neither can work out what is going on. Emma realises she wants Leo back but is it too late? And just who is the mysterious Isobel?


Ok I am enjoying reading some chick lite books now and again .... Just for some light reading where you can just read and enjoy without your brain going over time ... I had never read any of Carole Matthews books before so I was starting with a clean slate ...


I found this book abit confusing to be honest ... There is some swearing and sex in it but that was not what I found strange to read ... This book really just didn't flow for me ... And was abit odd and over the top ... I really cannot tell you the reason why because it would spoil the book if you decide to tell you ...


The two main characters are Emma and Leo ... To honest I really didn't gel with Emma at all and found her frustrating and leaned towards Leo who really was the bad boy in the novel ... It is supposed to be a love triangle but takes some really odd twists ... I think that is where I had the problem it really was all over the place and I really didn't know where to place the book in my head ... Love story, fantasy, humour ... Who knows ....


I have to admit that the last lot of chapters towards the end I was just skimming through really not caring what happened ...


Sorry to say I really didn't like this book that much .... Which is disappointing .... If you like chick lite Books you may enjoy this .... But I just didn't like the style of writing or the story line ...


I rate this book 1*


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails